My very first blog award!! I’m not going to lie… this does stroke the ego just a teeny little bit. I have been blogging for… actually, it is exactly four months today! To be noticed by a talented writer such as Aaron from The Confusing Middle feels nothing short of amazing. Thank you Aaron, for the nomination for the Liebster Award!! It is so appreciated!
Here are the rules… They are bendable or breakable…
- Make a post thanking and linking the person who nominated you.
- Include the Liebster Award sticker in the post.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers who you feel are worthy of this award.
- Answer the ten questions asked to you by the person who nominated you, and make ten questions of your own for your own nominees.
- Copy these rules in the post.
- ALL NOMINEES ARE FREE TO ACCEPT OR REJECT THE NOMINATION.
Here are the questions asked by Aaron at The Confusing Middle:
- What is the greatest movie of all time? Ugh. I feel like I should be providing a movie for this question that is award-winning, theatrical, moving, etcetera, but I am going to go with True Romance. It has an exceptional cast, and comes with just the right amount of action, cheesiness, romance, and one-liners that keeps me coming back for more.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? I remember idolizing my 3rd grade teacher Mrs. Burton and thinking how cool it would be to be like her when I grew up. By 5th grade, a horrible teacher and a room full of bullies later, the last thing I wanted to be/do was teach in a school. I don’t remember what my ambitions were from 5th grade all the way through Junior High, besides not being in school, but some time in High School, becoming a marine biologist stuck.
- Have you become that thing that you wanted to be? Why or why not? Did I end up becoming a marine biologist? No. I joined the military for money for college and ended up falling in love with fixing airplanes and a smooth-talking Puerto Rican who whisked me away from my dreams to pursue his own. Shortly there after, I got pregnant with my oldest, Alaina, and never ended up going back to school. Okay, that isn’t the whole truth… I did end up going back to school and completed two semesters when I was 28 years old. Alaina got sick and was hospitalized for a week. The school’s health insurance didn’t cover her bills and so I ended up going back to work so that I could pay the bills and we could eat something besides popcorn for dinner every night.
- If you could live your life in a TV series, what would it be? I don’t watch a lot of TV, and the series that I do watch I would not want to live in (The Walking Dead and The Following).
- You find yourself in an old school arcade and you have one quarter. What game do you play and why? Ms. Pac-Man, because I am the bomb at Ms. Pac-Man!
- How many of your FaceBook “friends” do you actually consider to be friends? For the longest time, I would only friend actual close friends and family. When I started my BeeHooved Farms FB page and then when I began blogging, I expanded my “friend” listing to promote both, but I can honestly say that I know each one of my “friends”.
- Where is the farthest you’ve ever been from the place you call home? Qatar
- What was your first pet and what did you name it? My family had three cats and one dog while I was growing up. My first pet would have to be a turtle that I kept in my room called ‘Eep’.
- Coke or Pepsi? I don’t drink a lot of soda, but when I do I like Coca-Cola Classic, preferably fountain, with rabbit pellet ice.
- What song do you hate to get stuck in your head? It seems like every couple of days my mind gets wrapped around a different song. I have to just let it play out (a little pun intended, lol). Right now, it is Tyler Farr’s, A Guy Walks Into a Bar. (…a guy walks into a bar, orders a drink, sees a girl who catches his eye, asks her if she wants another, they fall for each other, end up lovers, they laugh, cry, hold on tight, make it work for a little while, then one night the tail lights fade off into the dark, and a guy walks into a bar….) You’re welcome!
And now for my nominations! Drum role please!
**I tried something different, and linked a recent post of each of my nominees, so that they receive the pingback in their notifications. I may have missed a setting but I do not receive a notification if my whole site is linked to, only a specific post. Nominees, please don’t feel like you have to take part – just know that I think your blog is pretty damn special! If you would like to partake, here are your questions. Don’t forget to link this post so that I may read all of your great answers!**
- If you could go back in time, to any point in your life, and were given the option to make one change that would affect your life as you know it today, what would it be? Why?
- What is your favorite smell?
- Do you floss daily?
- Where do you see yourself in five years? What about ten years?
- What is your favorite flower/plant?
- If you had to choose a theme song for yourself and your life, what would it be?
- Do you believe in life after death?
- What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? Who was it from?
- Do you have a special talent? What is it?
- Would you consider yourself more sensible or spontaneous?
**That’s it! Fellow readers, even if you weren’t nominated (this time), please feel free to answer the questions in the comment section. **