I’m going to be completely honest…. I love taking quizzes. I was recently reminded of this when Josh from My Friday Blog posted a Grown up Quiz, which I stepped right up and took in (wait for it…) Step Right Up and Take the Grown-Up Quiz!!
When I happened upon Peckapalooza’s Confusing Middle blog post I Wasn’t Bored, I Just Didn’t Have a Real Blog Topic during my evening WordPress Reader perusing, I commented that I would be taking this quiz tomorrow at work (for accountability purposes) and here we are. (BTW, Peckapalooza, after reading your About Me page and being directed to your old blog, I did eventually find your first name, however chose to use your Pen Name since it was obviously not directly accessible. And…. now I feel like a creeper.)
The whole point of these quizzes is to get to know each other. This quiz isn’t as deep as the Grown-Up Quiz, but fun all the same. Feel free to copy the questions and reply with your answers. Don’t forget to tag me so I am notified that you have a post!
I give you money and send you to the grocery store to pick up 5 items. You can only pick one thing from the following departments. What are those things:
- Produce: Kale
- Bakery: Rye bread
- Meat: Imitation crab meat
- Frozen: Frozen peas
- Dry goods: Whole wheat pasta
Let’s say we’re heading out for a weekend getaway. You’re only allowed to bring 3 articles of clothing with you. So, what’s in your bag?
- Bathing suit
- Flip-flops (Any weekend getaway of mine would include the beach!)
If I were to listen in on one of your conversations throughout the day, what 5 phrases of words would I be most likely to hear?
- What the fuck?! (At work, yelling at my computer.)
- Damnit! (At work, yelling at my computer.)
- What is your employee number? (At work.)
- Is that where that belongs? (At home, talking to the kids.)
- I love you. (At home, or at work on the phone with a member of my family… Life is too short for the people you love not to hear it numerous times throughout the day!)
What 3 things do you find yourself doing every single day, and if you didn’t get to do, you probably wouldn’t be in the best mood?
- Hug my kids and husband
- Drink a nice tall glass of Poo Juice
Sweet! You just scored a whole afternoon to yourself. We’re talking a 3-hour block with nobody around. What 5 activities might we find you doing?
- Soaking in the tub with a book
- Napping (I always feel like I am lacking in the sleep department. Or, maybe the fact that I am on day 8 of an 11-day work week is clouding my judgment on what I would do with a 3-hour stretch of alone time, but a nap sounds pretty freaking amazing right now.)
We’re going to the zoo! But, it looks like it could start storming, so it’ll have to be a quick visit. What 3 exhibits do we have to get to?
- The Gift Shop
- The Zoo Café
- Can you tell that I can’t stand going to zoos? Bleh. But, if I had to choose something, it would be the Aquarium exhibit or stingrays or seals… something water related.
You just scored tickets to the taping of any show that comes on TV of your choice. You can pick between 4, so what are you deciding between?
- The Following
- The Walking Dead
- The Following
- The Walking Dead (These are the only two shows that I ever watch)
You’re hungry for ice cream. I’ll give you a triple dipper ice cream cone. What 3 flavors can I pile on for you?
- Birthday Cake
- Butter Pecan (I am dairy-free, so this is either <a> dairy no longer affects me, or <b> these flavors are in a dairy-free version.)
Somebody stole your purse/wallet. In order to get it back, you have to name 5 things you know are inside to claim it. So, what’s in there?
- Three forms of identification
- Three debit or credit cards
- A handful of Pilot G-2 blue pens (These are the only pens I like to write with, so they are in my purse, hidden from the pen-snatcher in my household, who is still yet to be named. <glaring>)
- Several tubes of Chap-stick
- Several black hair ties
You are at a job fair and asked what areas you are interested in pursuing a career. Let’s pretend you have every talent and ability to be/do whatever you wanted. What 4 careers would be fun for you?
- Marine biologist
- Owner of a Frozen Yogurt franchise
- Professional taste tester
- Personal Chef
If you could go back and talk to the old you, when you were in high school, and inform yourself of 4 things, what would you say?
- Respect yourself first and foremost; quickly run away from any guy, no matter how cute, complimentary, or fun, who doesn’t share your same sentiment. Quickly. Go now. Run!
- Aircraft maintenance might be a lot of fun, but you aren’t going to be able to do much with that career in the future. Choose wisely, young one.
- Don’t get wrapped up in dramatic and toxic relationships with other members of the female species. They will only bring you down and make you start devaluing yourself and your self-worth. This includes family members, unfortunately. You are better than that!
- Shit happens in life. You are going to experience the highest of highs and the lowest of lows over the next 20 years, plus you are going to dredge up some very painful shit from the past. How you learn to deal with that shit will mold you into the type of person your kids will look up to, your friends will admire, and the woman your husband wants to spend the rest of his life with.
That is all! Again, I hope to get to know some of you by way of this quiz. Don’t forget to tag me!